The UCAHP annual North America Chinese Startup Contest started in 2010. Now in its 7th year, the contest has become a signature event in Silicon Valley for international Chinese startups to showcase their projects, get feedback, and gain growth opportunities including funding and partnerships.
Each year, the event attracts more than 3,000 attendees including more than 500 startups, 300 renowned Chinese investor groups, 20 incubators, and a group of representatives from Chinese cities.
Through the platform, two unicorn companies were born, and many startups had gained growth tractions—with a total valuation of several hundred million dollars.
At UCAHP, we not only provide a platform but also mentorship and resources. Below is a short list of companies that have found success through our platform:
- Royole Tech (the world’s thinnest flexible display) received VC funding for growth after winning our contest, now the company is valued at about $1.1b.
- PayEgis (online transaction protection) just received $150m in investment.
- Orbeus (Artificial intelligence), acquired by Amazon.
- GetScale (smart manufacturing, a YC Startup) recently received free office spaces from Suzhou, Qingdao, and potential government funds from Suzhou.
- Grush(smart brush), winner of America’s best maker with $1m prize, an Intel Partner
Other success cases include Taste Analytics (Big Data), Smarking (Smart city, YC, Khosla Venture), Trustlook (Mobile Security), VisualThreat (Car Security). RippleInfo (Smart Home), Acton (Electric Shoe/Bike/Board), Car+(HUD), GogglePal(AR), BeeCloud(Payment), PervasiveGroup(Mobile), Corenergy(Power), Handscape(Touch), Aptitude(Bio), Allmobilize (mobile solution), DataCanvas(big data), Inpofi (Wireless Charging), Ciyu (MRAM), Dewmobile(wireless), Jiurun(Battery), Menusifu(Digitize Restaurant), LearningGenies(Education), Palmap (Indoor Map, IPO), vCruise(Gaming), Netplenish(Online Shopping), MusicProdigy(Music Learning), OneSky(Translation), Mugeda(Html5), AppEx(Networking), Lyxia(Algae Oil), Autotiming(AV platform), Zplas(Clean Tech), MicroFluidics(Bio), Bandwidth10(Optical), Vibronix(Medical), NexOptical(VR), Onecook(Robotics), Robokind(Robotics), and more.
The event’s participating startups cover a range of industries and technologies:
Information Technology, AI, VR, new materials, new energy, manufacturing, Biological medicine and equipment, Integrated circuits and systems, Optoelectronics, artificial intelligence, big data, cloud computing, mobile Internet, networking and so on.