【2018 UCAHP Connect Conference】
The 8th Intelligent System Summit & TEEC Cup Startup Contest
Silicon Valley’s Only AI Technology/Application Collaboration Conference:
- 100 AI academic and industrial leaders from Stanford, Berkeley, MCity, CMU, UCSB, Cloudminds, NovuMind, Vicarious, Beet Analytics, Horizon Robotics, Didi, SIASUN, HIT Robotics, AMD, Nvidia, Alibaba, Uber, America Express, AutoX, 5D Robotics, Cisco, Liftians, Assembly, Midea, Intellifusion, Inspirit IOT, Lightelligence, Gyrfalcon Technology, Knowmail, Liberio, AgentQ, Leap.ai, Fenwick, Oriza Venture, TSVC, TEEC Angel, Vanke, Risong Intelligent, Chaint-Robotics, Buddha Robotics, Siliconvision, STEP, Team-Marquis, Yijiahe, Research Institute of Tsinghua University in Shenzhen (RITS), Zhangjiang, Suzhou, Nanjing, Weifang, CMIF, CRIA, TEEC etc. with speakers: Tuomas Sandholm, Yuan Xie, Huei Peng, Dawn Song, Neil Trevett, Silvio Savarese, Kai Yu, Robert Zhang, Hongyu Wang, Shishan Ji, Dalong Lyv, Tao Yuan, Changhui Zhu, Jiang Zhu, etc.
- AI Infrastructure & Applications (Chip, DL, NLP, Security, Car, Robot, Manufacturing)
- China Leading Corporations/Parks looking for tech collaborations and recruiting
- Startup Contest – live pitch and Investor/KL Gates Entrepreneur PK
- Cross-border Investment – Investment Summit
- AI Robotics Collaboration – Sina-US Intelligent Robotics Summit
- Networking – VIP Dinner Banquet and Private Meeting
- Showcasing – Exhibition Hall
Intelligent System, Technology Meets Industry
CONNECT Technology and Industry, Startup and Investor, US and China
UCAHP (US-China Association of High-level Professionals)
TEEC (Tsinghua Entrepreneur and Executive Club)
CRIA (China Robotics Industry Alliance)
CMIF (China Manufacturing Industry Federation)
AIIITA (AI Industry Innovation Technology Association)
CASTIP (China Association of Science and Technology Industry Parks)
2018/1/13 Saturday, 9:30AM to 9PM
2018/1/14 Sunday 9:00AM to 5PM
Santa Clara Convention Center, Mission City Ballroom, 5001 Great America Pkwy, Santa Clara, CA 95054 https://santaclaraconventioncenter.org
- Keynotes and panel discussion on intelligent system and disruptive industry applications
- 20 winning teams live pitch (selected from 500 applicants)
- VIP dinner, “startup night”, and shows by Google/Stanford/Tsinghua teams
- Roy Kong, Chair, SV CONNECT Conference, CEO, UCAHP
- CEO of UCAHP, the largest cross-border investment and talent platform. Managing Partner, SVC Angel Fund focusing on Intelligent System investment since 2014. Before founding SVC Angel Fund and SVC Angel Club in 2015, Roy founded UCAHP, a non-profit organization bridging China capital and marketing opportunities with US startups. Roy was in GPU industry for 17 years, and SSD industry for 5 years, managing engineering teams in both Silicon Valley and Shanghai since 2000. Roy was involved in 5 startups, one was listed on Nasdaq, one was listed on China Growth Enterprise Market, and two were acquired. As a primary inventor, Roy holds 5 granted US patents and 4 China patents.
- Jianxin Zhang, Deputy Consul General, China Consulate General in SF
- Tuomas Sandholm, father of Libratus
In 2017, AlphaGo and Libratus beat their respective best human players in Go and Poker, the two most notable events in AI (By Andrew Ng). Libratus paper won the best paper in NIPS2017. Poker is imperfect information game, vs Go game is perfect information. Libratus AI is applicable in Wall Street trading, network security, auction and political negotiation. NIPS2017 best paper: https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~sandholm/safeAndNested.aaa17WS.pdf
- Dalong Lyv, Chairman TEEC, Founding Partner, THC Ventures
- Dawn Song, Berkeley AI Lab, Deep learning and Security
Dawn Song is a Professor at UC Berkeley. Her research interest lies in deep learning and security. She is the recipient of various awards including the MacArthur Fellowship, the Guggenheim Fellowship, the NSF CAREER Award, the Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellowship, the MIT Technology Review TR-35 Award, the George Tallman Ladd Research Award, the Okawa Foundation Research Award, the Li Ka Shing Foundation Women in Science Distinguished Lecture Series Award, the Faculty Research Award from IBM, Google and other major tech companies, and Best Paper Awards from top conferences.
- Prof. Silvio Savarese, director, Stanford SAIL-Toyota Center
Associate Professor of Computer Science at Stanford University and director of the SAIL-Toyota Center for AI Research at Stanford. His research interests include computer vision, robotic perception and machine learning. He is the recipient of several awards including a Best Student Paper Award at CVPR 2016, the James R. Croes Medal in 2013, a TRW Automotive Endowed Research Award in 2012, an NSF Career Award in 2011 and Google Research Award in 2010. In 2002 he was awarded the Walker von Brimer Award for outstanding research initiative.
- Huei Peng, UM, director of MCity
Currently serves as the Director of Mcity, which studies connected and autonomous vehicle technologies and promotes their deployment. He was involved in the design of several militaries and civilian concept vehicles, including FTTS, FMTV, Eaton/Fedex, and Super-HUMMWV—for both electric and hydraulic hybrid concepts. He served as the US Director of the DOE-sponsored Clean Energy Research Center—Clean Vehicle Consortium, which supports more than 30 research projects related to the development of clean vehicles in US and China. He has served as the PI or co-PI of more than 50 research projects, with a total funding of more than 50 million dollars. He has more than 250 technical publications, including 110 in referred journals and transactions and four books. His h-index is 66 according to the Google scholar analysis. The total number of citations to his work is more than 17,000. Prof. Peng has been an active member of the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME). He is both an SAE fellow and an ASME Fellow. He is a ChangJiang Scholar at the Tsinghua University of China.
- Yuan Xie, UCSB, ACM Micro Hall of Fame Inductee
Prof. Yuan Xie is leading the Scalable and Energy-efficient Architecture Lab (SEAL) at UCSB. He joined UCSB in Fall 2014 after 11 years with Penn State University (2003-2014). He received B.S. degree from Electronic Engineering Department at Tsinghua University, and M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from Electrical Engineering Department, Princeton University. Prior to joining Penn State in 2003, he worked as Advisory Engineer for IBM Microelectronics Division’s Worldwide Design Center. He was also on-leave in 2012-13 to work with AMD Research Lab. He was a recipient of the NSF CAREER award in 2006. He is a Fellow of IEEE, ACM Micro Hall of Fame inductee. Among his research interests, the application-driven research projects include novel architectures for artificial intelligence (AI), such as computer architecture for deep learning neural network, neuromorphic computing, and bio-inspired computing, hardware acceleration for emerging applications such as bio-informatics applications, graphics analytics, and robotics applications.
- David Wang, founder/CEO, Beet Analytics, Apple in manufacturing
David is the creator of core concept that drives ENVISION technology. Prior to co-founding the Company, he was the Global Vice President of Engineering for Comau Body Welding, a FIAT Group company. Dave has also served as CIO for Comau NA. Manufacturing leaders who focus only on the technology involved will be frustrated—because the new industrial revolution is just as much a culture and people thing as it is a technology thing. The only way to speedily change culture and people is to bring immediate and positive results to those who live in the manufacturing process every day. The Grand Canyon-size gap between the lofty aim of Industry 4.0 and today’s factory reality is the biggest hindrance to moving down the path of the new industrial revolution.
- Kai Yu, founder/CEO, Horizon Robotics, founder/head of Baidu IDL
Dr. Kai YU is the founder and CEO of Horizon Robotics Inc. He is a recognized pioneer and leader in deep learning and artificial intelligence. He was the founder and Head of Baidu Institute of Deep Learning (IDL), the first and most established artificial intelligence R&D center in China industry. Dr. Yu is elected to China “Top 1000 Talents”, a prestigious group of technology leaders of the country.
- Robert Zhang, co-founder/president, CloudMinds
Dr. Robert Zhang is Co-Founder and President of CloudMinds Technology Inc. Robert’s role is to establish and implement the company’s global business and product strategies as well as manage day-to-day operations to ensure the success of these strategies. Prior to Co-Founding CloudMinds, Robert has held various engineering and management positions at Apple, Microsoft and Samsung. He is a recipient of three master’s degrees in Management Science and Engineering, Computational Mechanics, and Computer Science from Stanford and University of Illinois respectively; and received his doctorate in Computational Mechanics at University of Illinois as well.
- Jialiang Chen, Vice director, CMIF (China Manufacturing Industry Federation), Deputy Secretary General, CRIA (China Robotics Industry Alliance)
- Hongyu Wang, Sr. VP, Siasun Robotics
Mr. Wang Hongyu is Vice President and Director of SIASUN ROBOT & AUTOMATION CO., LTD. Previously, he was General Manager-Logistic and Storage Automation Business of SIASUN
- Neil Trevett, Khronos President, VP NVIDIA
Session: Khronos International Standards in China
Neil is Vice President of Mobile Ecosystems at NVIDIA. Neil has spent over thirty years in the 3D graphics industry. At NVIDIA he works to enable applications to leverage advanced silicon acceleration, with a particular focus on augmented reality. Neil is also the elected President of the Khronos Group standards consortium where he initiated the OpenGL ES API, now used on billions of mobile phones, and helped catalyze the WebGL project to bring interactive 3D graphics to the Web. Neil also chairs the OpenCL working group defining the open standard for heterogeneous parallel computation and has helped establish and launch the OpenVX vision API, the new-generation Vulkan GPU API and the OpenXR standard for portable augmented and virtual reality.
- Shishan Ji, President, Research Institute of Tsinghua University in Shenzhen (RITS)
The incumbent Shenzhen Lihe Venture Capital Co., Ltd. chairman, Dean of Tsinghua University, Department of Chemistry, Russia Mendeleev University of Chemical Technology Ph.D. In Tsinghua University engaged in management for more than 10 years, served as a graduate student chemistry department of Tsinghua University team leader, director of science and technology development department of Tsinghua University, director of international technology transfer center of Tsinghua University, director of National Technology Transfer Center of Tsinghua University, Tsinghua University Research Institute Long, deputy director of Tsinghua University and Enterprise Cooperation Committee
- Feng Deng, Founder/Managing Director of Northen Light Venture Capital
- Larry Li, Founding Managing Partner, Amino Capital
- Xiaopeng He, Chairman, Xiaopeng Car
China Science Park Leaders :
- Tao Yuan, Chairman, Zhangjiang (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Vivian Sun, Zhangjiang Incubator Management Co., Ltd.
- Changhui Zhu, Vice Secretary General, Nanjing City Municipal Government
- Songxi Cui, Vice Director, Nanjing Jiangbei New Area
- Jiang Zhu, Deputy Director, Office of Suzhou Municipal Government
- Jun Yin, Suzhou Industrial Park HR Development Co., Ltd.
- Jinsheng Du, deputy director, Suzhou Gusu District HR and SS Department
Intelligent Industry Panels:
- Artificial Intelligence Panel :
Topics include the newest developments in AI theory, algorithms and applications, as well as the trend of future AI applications from the perspective of processors, autonomous driving, robotics and manufacturing, Neural Networks and other machine learning technologies, machine learning/computer vision and profit boost. What are the implications with AlphaGo and Libratus beating the best human players in Go and Poker? How will AI change the manufacturing, transportation, energy industries? How far are we from the intelligent industry, and what to prepare?
- Kai Yu, founder/CEO, Horizon Robotics
- Silvio Savarese, director, Stanford AI Lab – Toyota center
- Robert Zhang, co-founder/president, CloudMinds, moderator
- Xinghua Lou, Head of Commercialization, Vicarious
Xinghua Lou received his PhD. in Computer Science at Universität Heidelberg, under Fred Hamprecht. He worked on graphical models and structured learning for biomedical data analysis. He has published in NIPS, ICML, CVPR, Bioinformatics, IEEE-TMI, among others. Though initially trained as an experimental physicist in Engineering Physics at Tsinghua University, he is very excited about the current path towards building machines that can learn and reason.
- Dr. Mei Han, Research Scientist, Google
Mei Han is the head of Pingan Silicon Valley Research Institute. Her research areas include deep learning, computer vision, medical imaging, video surveillance, and 3D modelling. Prior to joining Pingan, she held the position of research scientist at Google Research and Cloud AI, and research staff member at NEC Labs America. Mei Han holds Doctorates in Robotics and Computer Science from Carnegie Mellon University and Tsinghua University.
Mark Ring, Co-founder/CEO, CogitAI
- AI Security Panel :
Discussion on security trends and applications in AI enabled industries and applications, including fraud, intelligent system, IIOT etc.. AI, cloud computing, big data, CPU, MCU, sensing technology all together are changing the industry disruptively. Emergent Security AI, real-time threat detection and defense. Security Intelligence, how AI/Machine Learning help security and what are the threats presented with the connected and intelligent systems? What are the startup opportunities in Intelligent System Security?
- Liwei Ren, former scientific advisor, Trend Micro, Moderator
Liwei was a scientific advisor at Trend Micro. Prior to joining Trend Micro, Liwei was chief scientist, co-founder and board director of Provilla, Inc. Dr. Liwei Ren works as a domain expert in a few areas: Data leak prevention (aka, DLP); Differential compression (aka, delta encoding); Mathematical modeling and Practical algorithms. Liwei holds his Ph.D. in Mathematics, M.S. in Information Science from University of Pittsburgh and B.S from Tsinghua University, Beijing.
- Dawn Song, Berkeley AI Lab, on deep learning and security
- Wilson Xu, Former SVP, Palo Alto Network
Former Executive Vice President, Engineering at Palo Alto Networks, Inc. Wilson joined Palo Alto Networks in 2006 as part of the company’s founding Engineering team. Currently, he heads our Engineering organization in the development of our next series of game-changing enterprise security offerings. Previously Wilson held various engineering and management roles at Juniper Networks, NetScreen Technologies and Network Associates, Inc. Wilson holds MS in Computer Science from Penn State University and a BE in Computer Science from Tsinghua University.
- Raymond Wei, VP, Security Engineering, America Express
An experienced and passionate technologist with broad expertise in information security, engineering leader through two successful IPOs (Netscreen and FireEye). Specialties: Information security, Mobile applications, SAAS, Web services, data science, analytics, etc
- Jing Chen, Head of Security, Didi Silicon Valley Research Institute
James has over 17 years of technical and management experience in the fields of network security, enterprise security, data communications and more. Prior to that, he was the co-founder of AssureSec, an enterprise security startup (acquired by Dell). Before that, he was Cloud Security Startup Shape Security (invested by some of Silicon Valley’s top venture capital firms, such as KPCB, Norwest Venture, Google Venture) platform and cloud technology product manager. He has held senior management positions at wireless network startup Aruba Networks. He is also one of the key members of the R & D team at NetScreen, a security startup based in Nasdaq that was acquired by Juniper Networks in 2004 for $ 4 billion. He is also an early R & D team at Web startup Stoke, founded by Silicon Valley top venture capital firm Sequoia and KPCB.
- Smart Car Panel :
Topics include connected cars, infotainment, autonomous driving, future city and road network, sense fusion/hybrid sensors, low power and customized hardware/software systems, trend of future sensors in car, new computer vision development in car, challenges in mixed driving environment. Is a driverless vehicle even possible? How can we collaborate on intelligent car? What are the new startup opportunities? How will 5G and car-sharing accelerate the intelligent car trend? Who and how to certify the driverless car?
- Huei Peng, UM, director of MCity, Moderator
- Phil Mann, CMO, 5D Robotics
Phil joined 5D October 2015 and serves as CMO & VP Sales. 5D is a precision navigation sensor and autonomous software company for unmanned air or ground vehicles. Prior to 5D he served as General Manager at Microsemi for the System Division leading a $200M business in precise devices to service providers, enterprises, banking, and Government programs. Solutions ranged from instruments to mobile apps to SaaS. Earlier Phil led Symmetricom’s sales for 9 years before Microsemi acquired Symmetricom in 2013. As VP Sales Phil penetrated a broad suite of markets and solutions ranging from precise instruments, video analytics software, encryption, security, defense, and GPS.
- Li Erran Li, Perception at UBER
Li Erran Li received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from Cornell University in 2001. From 2001 to 2015, he worked as a researcher in Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent (acquired by Nokia). Since 2015, he started working as a senior software engineer at Uber Technologies. He is also an adjunct professor in the Computer Science Department of Columbia University. He is an IEEE Fellow and ACM Distinguished Scientist. His research interests are machine learning algorithms, systems, deep learning and AI.
- Gaurav Agarwal, Autonomous Vehicle Product Marketing, Nvidia
Gaurav Agarwal is currently the Product Manager for Nvidia DriveWorks, a software development kit for autonomous driving and processing sensor data through perception, mapping, localization, and path planning steps. He has over 10 years of experience in software and embedded systems out of which ~5 years of experience are in automotive. He holds two US patents.
- Hai Mao, CEO, American Automotive Innovation Technology R&D Center
- Intelligent Manufacturing Panel :
There exist both technology and business challenges in multi-dimension, inter-department, data centric manufacturing ecosystems. Critical real pains in manufacturing, domain knowledge of manufacturing, solutions and systems choices, sell into manufacturing industry. Real time information exchange and intelligent decision making manufacturing system. New sensors and control hardware in need? Challenges of cyber connected systems including business management, production management, process management, sensing and IT systems, inventory and product management systems, business intelligence, etc.. Trend of Intelligence Power Era transition from Machin Power Ear. Customization, individualization, on demand.
- David Wang, founder/CEO, Beet Analytics, Apple in manufacturing
- Jonathan Huang, Founder/CEO, Liftians
Jonathan was founder of Cloudemist, director of search intelligence and personalization at Barnes and Noble, and engineeing manager (business intelligence) at Yahoo. Liftians is a computer software company that designs and develops software systems for automated storage and retrieval systems powered by mobile robots. Liftians Inc. has been a AGV-based logistics solutions since 2017.
- Wenxiang Ma, EVP/CTO, Arena Solutions, Moderator
As executive vice president of engineering and CTO at Arena Solutions, Wenxiang Ma is responsible for all Arena product: development, quality assurance and customer support. Wenxiang also manages all cloud infrastructure operations and oversees technology directions.Prior to joining Arena, Wenxiang worked as senior director of development at Oracle. Before that, as general manager of China Development Center at Agile Software, Wenxiang played an instrumental role in initial center launch and daily operations while leading a successful acquisition transition by Oracle. Wenxiang has also held other senior most leadership development positions at Kanisa (Ernst & Young), Starfish Software and Borland International.
- Jonathan Friedman, Founder/CEO, Assembly
Jonathan Friedman is the founder and CEO of Assembly.com. He holds a doctorate in electrical engineering from the University of California in Los Angeles (UCLA) where he was subsequently a Visiting Scholar, in the department of neuroscience, neurology, & neurosurgery. He is the inventor of Biomimetic Electrostatic Imaging and the ARI RADAR architecture and has won international design awards for his work on crystal-compensated crystal oscillators and high-efficiency solar energy harvesting. Assembly.com helps companies and factories deliver high-quality manufacturing processes through its suite of sensor technologies and services. Assembly will monitor and improve your (or your partner’s) factories by reducing defects, improving yield, and lowering ancillary and inventory costs.
- Dongyan Wang, VP&GM, AI Research, Midea Group
Experienced senior executive in enterprise solutions & product development, especially in the focus areas I start calling: AI (Artificial Intelligence) + BI (Business Intelligence). Responsible for strategic investment in US for Midea Group. Formerly senior executive in Grand Intel, NetApp and Cisco. Leading team up to 350 resources, $40 million USD annual budget. 19 years of US Fortune 500 working experience in AI, BI, analytics, data science, data management, a great variety of cloud and on premise enterprise IT applications. The business solutions won 10+ industrial and company awards. Featured in Bloomberg News, Business Week, San Francisco Chronicle. 20+ granted US and international patents.
- AI Chip Panel:
AI chips brought new waves of startups and investments in the semiconductor industry, another example that SW requirements drive chip advancement. Why AI chips, and what can AI chips do, what are the architectures of AI chips. From BPU (Brain Processing Unit), GPU, IPU, LPU, TPU, what are the new innovations in AI Chip startups? What are the use cases of AI chips? Who are the front runners of AI chip startups? What are the different AI chip architectures? How important is this AI chip wave in semiconductor? What can Silicon Valley IC engineers do to catch and ride this AI chip wave? What are the opportunities in public and startup AI companies?
- Yuan Xie, UCSB, moderator
- Bin Zhou, CEO, NovuMind(China)
Zhou Bin, CEO of NovuMind(China), CUDA Fellow of Nvidia, former deep learning scientist of SenseTime. Visiting researcher of advanced science and a visiting researcher of the University of Science and Technology of China.
- Fred Liao, Chief Architect, AI Chip, AMD
20+ year GPU architecture veteran, managed GPU, AI chip architecture design in S3, VIA, MediaTek, etc..
- Dihong Tian, Cofounder, Intellifusion
Co-founded Intellifusion Technologies (headquartered in Shenzhen) and serve as CTO for the company, heading the company’s technology and product development on visual intelligence. Prior to the current venture, Worked for nearly 10 years on advanced development of video technologies and products in the US bay area, in Samsung, Cisco etc. Intellifusion combines AI technologies with heterogeneous computing in cloud and application-specific instruction-set processor (ASIP) on device to deliver visual intelligence solutions at scale.
- Lin Yang, Founder/CEO, Gyrfalcon Technology
As founder and CEO of Gryfalcon Technology AI chip company, Dr. Yang is an ASIC design expert with over 16 years of specialized experience in digital communication, digital signal processing, voice and image processing, and cell-based technology. Co-founded Legend Silicon, Dr. Yang was Director of the Wireless Design Services Group for Cadence Design Systems, where he led ASIC development teams for a wide variety of multimedia and telecommunications applications. He received his Ph.D. degree from the Department of Electrical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, M.S. degree from Tsinghua University, and B.S. frpm Fudan University.
- Yichen Shen, Founder/CEO, Lightelligence
Author of Nature – Photonics cover paper. Research interests covers theoretical and experimental Nanophotonics, Deep Learning and Optical Computing. Has contributed to nanophotonic breakthroughs that could shape the future of energy. Lux Labs makes optical films that discriminate light based on its angle of propagation — great for optimizing solar power tech. LightIntelligence designs computer chips powered by light rather than electricity.
- Deming Chen, Founder/CEO, Inspirit IOT
Dr. Deming Chen is the co-founder and President of Inspirit IoT, Inc. which offers new design methodologies for AI hardware as well as provides smart sound IoT solutions. He has published more than 160 refereed journal and conference papers in the areas of FPGA, GPU, nanotechnology, and heterogeneous computing. He has served as PI/Co-PI on more than 25 research grants administered by US Federal agencies as well as the industry. He has received six Best Paper Awards (ASPDAC’09, SASP’09, FCCM’11, SAAHPC’11, CODES+ISSS’13, and ICCAD’15). He has been leading the successful FCUDA project that uses CUDA language to program FPGAs. Dr. Chen was involved in two startup companies. Aplus was acquired by Magma in 2003, and AutoESL was acquired by Xilinx in 2011.
- Feng Zhou, Chief Architect, Horizon Robotics
Zhou Feng was a professor, doctoral advisor and deputy dean of the Department of Telecommunications at Zhejiang University. He was also a chip research and development architect and principal of Aitech, Vimcro and Huawei. 15 years in academia, 15 years in industry. In September 2015, Zhou Feng joined Horizons as a chief chip architect and set up a chip design team. One year later, he was awarded the title of “Horizon Fellow” and served as the vice president and chief chip architect of the company. At the same time, he led the FPGA technology team and was responsible for the research and development of FPGA technology for autonomous driving and video recognition
- Qinggang Zhou, Director Deep Learning System, Alibaba
- Qinggang was Sr. Staff Lead, GPU SW at Apple, and manager at Qualcomm. He was GPU architect and SW lead at Nvidia.
- Roy Kong，CONNECT Conference Chair, 17-year GPU Veteran
- Deep Learning and NLP Panel :
Progresses in DL and NLP, real applications in NLP, and the trend in NLP in customer services, hiring, social media, in-vehicle speech application, office tool, travel, e-commerce etc.. Growing importance and use cases of NLP with $10B market size or healthcare and life science, media and advertisement, legal, IT, Finance and banking, etc.. Unlocking business value buried within vast data assets of a company.
- Qiguang Lin, CTO, ZibRobot
- Ji Fang, Founder/CEO, Liberio
Was Head of Research Science, Lead Scientist in NLP and Machine Learning of Mediallia Inc., and researcher at Xerox PARC. Ji graduated from Stanford and Peking University on Linguistics
- Aaron Podolny, Head of Machine Learning, Agent Q
Agent Q is the AI platform or sales and customer service. I’m responsible for the conception, training, and deployment of artificial neural networks for a range of machine intelligence tasks. Aaron was founder of Shophood and Devotably.
- Yunkai Zhou, Co-founder/CTO, Leap.ai, Moderator
Yunkai has worked in a lot of domains in his career, from electrical engineering, to computer networking, payments, machine learning, infrastructure, and UI. Throughout these changes, a couple of things stayed the same: growing himself and helping others grow. At Leap, Yunkai aims to help millions of people around the globe find success and happiness in their careers.
- Michael Li, Head of Global Data Science and Analytics, LinkedIn
- Andrew Fogg, Co-founder and Chief Data Officer, Import.io
Fenwick & West Investment Summit
Fenwick & West and UCAHP Present. Investment trends in US venture capital, Including unicorn status, up/down round statistics, amount and field trend. Discussions from best known Silicon Valley Law Firm, it served 1/3 of Silicon Valley technology companies from startup to IPO.
Samuel B. Angus, Partner, Fenwick & West
Yao Xiao, Investment Manager, Oriza Venture
Carl Wang, Investment Partner, TSVC
Sue Xu，Partner，Amino Capital
US-China Intelligent Robotics Summit:
CRIA/UCAHP present. Executives from top China robotics companies and leading Silicon Valley AI companies sit together and discuss the collaborations. AI and Cloud Robotics, machine-learning robots, collaborative robots, cognitive robotics. What are the technology and talent needs of top China robotics companies such as Siasun Robotics, HIT Robotics Group etc..? Industrial Robots and Consumer Robots. How to ride the wave of the internationalization of the China robotics companies, and the China market penetration of the US leading AI companies such as Vicarious AI. Siasun, HIT Robotics and other companies will also present their hiring and technology needs, and talk to candidates and partners in the event exhibition hall and meeting rooms.
- Jialiang Chen, Vice director, CMIF (China Manufacturing Industry Federation)
- Hongyu Wang, Sr. VP, Siasun Robot and Automation Co., Ltd.
- Xinghua Lou, Head of Commercialization, Vicarious AI, Moderator
- Hongyu Wang, Sr. VP, Siasun Robot and Automation Co., Ltd.
SIASUN Robot & Automation, dedicated to the industry-wide intelligent products and services of high-tech listed companies, is one of the world’s largest robot product line manufacturers. As a practitioner and promoter of Industry 4.0, the company now forms a complete all-industry value chain that integrates its own core technologies, core components, leading products and industry system solutions. It is committed to building a new digital IoT model. At present, the company’s market capitalization among the top three in the international industry, leading the growth industry. As a leader in China’s robot industry, SIASUN was the first Robot company going IPO, the China Robot Industry Alliance Chairman of the unit, the overall team leader of China robot standardization unit, China TOP10 core robot leading enterprises, China’s most innovative enterprises, China’s top ten brand enterprises
- Zhenzhong Yu, SVP, HIT Robot Group
Yu Zhenzhong, General Manager of HIT Robot Group and Chairman of Industrial Robot Division, Mr. Yu Zhenzhong graduated from Harbin Institute of Technology, State Key Laboratory of Robotics Technology and System, under the chairmanship of Dr. CAI He-Gao, “Father of China’s Industrial Robots” Currently, he is the senior vice president of HRG, responsible for the industrial robot division and is responsible for the technical management, technical service and product research and development of the group.
Harbin Institute of Technology Robot (Hefei) International Innovation Institute, Institute of intelligent equipment, rehabilitation equipment Institute, micro Nano Robot Institute, Unmanned Equipment Research Institute, Institute of artificial intelligence, industrial robots and systems, is committed to build the country’s leading, world-class robot intelligent equipment technology research and development center
- Erbin Liu, Vice Chairman/CTO, Risong Intelligent Technology Holdings Co.
Guangzhou Risong Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd. is a business covering robotics, intelligent technology, high-end intelligent equipment in the field of R & D, design, manufacture, application and sales services to provide customers with flexible sets of automation, Technology companies. Its holding Sino-Japanese joint venture Guangzhou Risong Beidou Automobile Equipment Co., Ltd. and Sino-German joint venture Guangzhou Ruisong Weierstone Intelligent Equipment Co., Ltd.. Ruisong Technology has provided more than 5000 sets of robots to the manufacturing industry and has undertaken nearly a thousand automated production lines for robots such as welding, laser, handling and painting
- Qing Fan, Vice GM, SINOMACH Intelligence Technology Co., Ltd.
SINOMACH Intelligence Technology Co., Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Central Research Institute of China National Machinery Industry Corporation (hereinafter referred to as “SINOMACH”). At the end of 2015, for the purpose of building an intelligent manufacturing sector, SINOMACH invested RMB 1 billion to set up SINOMACH Intelligence Technology Co., Ltd. and transferred the entire research and development of intelligent manufacturing technology from the Academia Sinica Central Research Institute Intelligent machine, and the establishment of Beijing Institute of Intelligent Technology Institute. SINOMACH Intelligence Technology Co., Ltd. undertakes a number of industry and information technology by the Ministry of Finance jointly carry out intelligent manufacturing integrated standardization of new model applications.
- Yang Yang, Chairman, Changsha Chaint-Robotics Co., Ltd.
Chaint-Robotics Co., Ltd. was established in 2008, with CTR robots and complete sets of intelligent equipment manufacturing capacity. The company has successfully developed a series of products such as robot flexible welding production line, whole-process casting production line, intelligent logistics production line and dangerous goods intelligent manufacturing complete sets of equipment and so on. The products are widely used in automobile manufacturing, casting, construction machinery, rail transit, aviation ship, light food, New energy and civilian explosion and other industries. “CTR cast iron robot automatic finishing system” won the highest award in the international robot industry, “IERA Award invention and entrepreneurship Award” silver award.
- Ying Sun, GM, Zhejiang Buddha Robotics Co., Ltd.
Zhejiang Buddha Robotics Co., Ltd is committed to industrial robots, robot vision and integrated applications and solutions of innovative high-tech enterprises. In the areas of industrial robot design and manufacture, robot vision and control system research and development and application, the company occupies a leading position at home and abroad. As the director unit of “China Industrial Robot Industry Alliance”, it was responsible for the drafting work of the national standard “General Technical Requirements of Industrial Robot Regulation System”; led the development of industry standards and China Robotics Industry Alliance “General Specification for Industrial Robot Systems Request “, which has been released in December 2017. In November 2014, Buddha established the “VLAD Robotics R & D Center in Silicon Valley, USA” to develop embedded algorithms and smart cameras for robot vision. The products are widely used in the pharmaceutical industry, automobile manufacturing, logistics and warehousing, optical communications industry chain manufacturing and other fields
- Robert Zhang, Co-founder/President, CloudMinds, Moderator
CloudMinds was founded in 2015 with the three elements of many successful start-ups: a bold vision, creative people, and encouraging financial support. The CloudMinds vision is that by 2025, helpful humanoid robots will be affordable for the average household. CloudMinds is supported by an internationally diverse set of investors, including, Foxconn, Keytone Ventures, SoftBank and Walden Venture Investments.
- Dawei Lu, GM, Siliconvision Technologies Pte., Ltd.
Siliconvision Technologies is an advanced industrial robot intelligent system founded by returning teams from overseas universities, dedicated to the effective application of machine intelligence in industrial robots. In the robot vision, robot sense of force and rapid teaching of industrial robots and other fields have excellent algorithms and rich experience in engineering. Siliconvision Technologies to provide intelligent robotic industrial robots assembly and disassembly of flexible assembly system, dedicated to the liberation of the last hands in industrial automation
- Long Xu, Strategic Planning, President’s Office, Shanghai STEP Electric Corp.
Shanghai STEP Electric Corp. is mainly engaged in the industrial automation of the research, production and sales of elevators for elevator control systems and elevators. The company provides complete product solutions for elevator machine manufacturers and is widely used in high-speed / Medium speed / low speed elevator, AC / DC elevator, hydraulic elevator, escalator, etc. It is one of the largest suppliers of elevator control system in China and the domestic market of microcomputer control main board. Market share ranked #1 in the industry for nearly three years. It has become the only elevator control system supplier in the world that provides volume solutions to the top four elevator manufacturers in the world.
- Weigang Wang, Chairman, Zhejiang Team-Marquis Investment Management Co., Ltd.
Team-Marquis investments in high-tech field companies especially robotics.
- Chunshan Xu, CTO, Yijiahe Robotics
Yijiahe Technology Co., Ltd., with headquarter in China Software Valley, is devoted to the research, manufacture and popularization of intelligent robots in electric power, petrochemical, municipal, energy, medical, community and manufacturing industries. It owns a series of intelligent robotic technologies and products with leading international capabilities to provide customers in various industries with diversified Smart products, smart services and system solutions. It is director member of China Robot Industry Alliance. The company expects to IPO soon in China
TEEC Cup Startup Contest:
Final live showcase of the winning teams selected from 500 applicants
- Live Onstage Pitch of 20startup finalists
- Judges: Tao Huang, Linda Zhou, Dongcheng Lu, Eugene Zhang, Kristie Liu, Fang Li, Tieming Zhao, Jackie Yang, Herman Liu, Xuhui Shao, Yi Zhao, Connie Sheng, Larry LiBijun He, Chun Xia, Likai Li
K&L Gates Good Project PK Program
- Startup and Mentor PK for 10 finalists
- Mentors: Dalong Lyv, Quansheng Li, Eugene Zhang, Linda Zhou, Shawn Lee, Lei Yang, Xuhui Shao, Li Gong, Larry Li, Pingrong Yu, Hongfei Zhang, Jing Liao, Tieming Zhao
Young Entrepreneur Award YEA ：
Award presented to high schoolers for their entrepreneurship and innovative social changes
- MC：Brandon Ma
VIP Banquet “Startup Night” ：
- 300 VIP Guests include winning startups
- SV Engineer Street Dance
- Stanford Crosstalk
- Tsinghua Dancing Team
- Keynote speeches
Vivi Lin, Founder of Vivi Media Group
Xian Hu, Presenter, KVTO
Longan Wu, President of UCAA (For VIP Banquet)
Reporters from China News Agency, Xinhua News, People’s News, Qiao Bao, China Radio International, China Daily, World Journal, Singtao, Phoenix TV, CCTV, NetEase, Sina, Chinese Biz News, SV-China News, Vivi Media Group,
Nvidia, ZIBOT, InspiritIOT, Gryfalcon AI,Sisu, MicroReme, SkyGlue, NED Optis, Tsinghua Shenzhen Institute, CMIF, K&L Gates, Fenwick&West, Suzhou, Nanjing, Zhangjiang, Weifang, TEDA etc.
Below is a short list of companies that have found success through our platform:
- Royole Tech (the world’s thinnest flexible display) received VC funding for growth after winning our contest, now the company is valued at above $3b.
- PayEgis (online transaction protection), valuation above $1b.
- Orbeus (Artificial intelligence), acquired by Amazon.
- GetScale (smart manufacturing, a YC Startup) recently received free office spaces from Suzhou, Qingdao, and potential government funds from Suzhou.
- Grush(smart brush), winner of America’s best maker with $1m prize, an Intel partner
- Other success cases include Taste Analytics (Big Data), Smarking (Smart city, YC, Khosla Venture), Trustlook (Mobile Security), VisualThreat (Car Security). RippleInfo (Smart Home), Acton (Electric Shoe/Bike/Board), Car+(HUD), GogglePal(AR), BeeCloud(Payment), PervasiveGroup(Mobile)， Corenergy(Power), Handscape(Touch), Aptitude(Bio), Allmobilize (mobile solution), DataCanvas(big data), Inpofi (Wireless Charging), Ciyu (MRAM), Dewmobile(wireless), Jiurun(Battery), Menusifu(Digitize Restaurant), LearningGenies(Education), Palmap (Indoor Map, IPO), vCruise(Gaming), Netplenish(Online Shopping), MusicProdigy(Music Learning), OneSky(Translation), Mugeda(Html5), AppEx(Networking), Lyxia(Algae Oil), Autotiming(AV platform), Zplas(Clean Tech), MicroFluidics(Bio), Bandwidth10(Optical), Vibronix(Medical), NexOptical(VR), Onecook(Robotics), Robokind(Robotics), and more
The event’s participating startups cover a range of industries and technologies:
- Information Technology, AI, VR, new materials, new energy, manufacturing, Biological medicine and equipment, Integrated circuits and systems, Optoelectronics, artificial intelligence, big data, cloud computing, mobile Internet, networking and so on.
- Eric Braa (co-founder/CBDO of GetScale): “UCAHP has been an invaluable asset to Getscale’s growth and expansion into China. We have been given access to opportunities, funding, and Government connections that we would never have been able to easily foster on our own. We are now expanding a major portion of our business in China, as well as opening offices in Suzhou and Qingdao”
- Charlie Campbell (Founder/CEO HONT, co-founder Bucket): “UCAHP short circuited the process by introducing us to the right people to enter and engage with the Chinese market. Flash forward to 2016, and for the past three years, I’ve lived in China full time building a startup brick by brick. If I’ve learned anything, the difference between success and failure rides on your relationships and understanding of the local market, both of which UCAHP has helped me out with tremendously”.
Speakers of Past Years:
- Savitha Srinivasan (VP Strategy, IBM, Former Partner, IBM VC Group)
- Chris Nicholson (CEO and Co-founder of Skymind.io)
- Michael Chang (Co-founder of Kype, a cloud based Data as a Service platform)
- Reid Hoffman (Executive Chairman, LinkedIn)
- Phil Libin (Founder，Evernote),
- Jeff Rothschild (VP, Facebook; Accel Partner),
- Wayne Chang (General Manager, Twitter Boston),
- David Karandish (CEO, Answers),
- Alireza Masrour (Managing Partner，Plug & Play Venture)
- Datong Chen (Founder, Omnivision/Spreadtrum, MD, WestSummit Capital)
- Alfred Chu (MP, IPV Capital)
- Frank Chen (Partner, Andreessen Horowitz)
- Andrew Chung (Partner, Khosla Ventures)
- Feng Deng (Founder Netscreen, Northern Light Venture)
- James Hong (Former VP, Foxxcon)
- Shu Huang (MP, FerryVC)
- Bill Liu (Founder, Royole Tech)
- Yi Li (CEO, Orbeus)
- Shawn Li (Chairman/Founder, Chinese Peptide Company)
- Michael Jin (MP, TEEC Angel)
- Jack Jia (Interwoven Cofounder /CTO，GSR partner)
- Torsten Kroeger(Google Robotics)
- Larry Li (MP, Amino Capital)
- Jun Li (MP, SVTech)
- Zhengdong Ni (Founder, Zero2IPO)
- Connie Sheng (MD, Nautilus Venture)
- Hans Tung( MP, GGV Capital)
- Lucas Wang (CEO, Mugeda)
- Young Wang (CEO, AppEx)
- Janelle Wang (CEO, Acton)
- Ping Wu( Cofounder, Spreadtrum, SummitView Capital)
- Ken Xie (Founder NetScreen, Fortinet )
- Hugo Xiong (Founder, IDGVC)
- Raymond Yang, (MD, West Summit Capital)
- Jackie Yang (Translink)
- Xiangyang Yang (Chairman, Yuanzheng Investment)
- Jeremy Xue (MD, TusPark VC)
- John Yu (Managing partner, Oriza Venture)
- Weijie Yun (MP, Tychy Venture)
- Ben Yu (MP, Sierra Venture)
- Jianwei Zhang (Academician, Academy of Hamburg, Robotics scientist)
- Tiemin Zhao (Partner, IPV Capital)
- Shoucheng Zhang (Academician, Chairman, Danhua Capital)
- Zhen Zhang (MD, Banyan VC)
- Mike Zhao (MP, SVTech)
- Yi Zhao (MP, Westlake venture)
- Tami Zhu (GM, Rokid)
- Chaoyong Wang (China Equity)
- Changming Yan (WRSA)
- Gregory Dees (Father of Social Entrepreneurship)
- Tao Fu (VP, Johnson&Johnson)
- Hong Ge (Director Facebook)
- Li Gong (Founder&CEO ACADINE Technologies, President of Mozilla)
- Josh Jiang （VP, VISA）
- Stella Jin（Founding partner, Keytone Venture）
- Jun Shi（SVP & COO，SAP Labs）
- Luo Si (Director, Alibaba IDST)
- Vivian Wong (CTO, TargetX)
- Mike Zhang （Founder & CEO，Allwinner）
- Simon Zhang (Founder&CEO GrowingIO, Formal director, LinkedIn)
- Felix Zhao （Founder & CEO, Cassia Networks）
- Linda Zhou (Partner, K&L Gates)
- Mike Zhao (President & CEO, Array Networks)
We welcome you to join us, to learn, and to compete.
Please contact: 408-384-9688 (Xavier Yuan, Vicki Cui)
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org